Thursday, January 10, 2013

Everything I Believed

Hmm...I'm back here again.
On second thought, I'm probably far worse than I was last time.
It's funny you can tell it's me just by the cynicism.

I've always been a bit of a cynic.
That much I know.
But lately, even I think I'm becoming far too cynical.
Although, in my mind, that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

So, I watched (500) Days of Summer three times very recently.
It's made me realise some things that I missed the first time I watched it.
To start, Zooey Deschanel (Summer) is amazing.
Second, are people really in love or in love with the idea of love?
Third, it destroyed my beliefs.
To paraphrase Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Tom):

"It sucks realising everything you once believed in is complete and utter bullshit."

Fate, destiny?
Love?
What does that word even mean?
Its all just fantasy.
Pop culture, Hollywood movies, they are the ones to blame.
They give us unrealistic portrayals of how we are supposed to feel, what we are supposed to do and say.

However, I think that's what made made (500) Days of Summer interesting.
It was realistic.
It was believable.
Most of all, it hit close to home.




No comments:

Post a Comment